Stacey L. Spencer, Ed.D.
Lindner Center of HOPE
Dr. Spencer is a licensed psychologist who specializes in the area of clinical neuropsychology. She provides comprehensive evaluations to individuals with a variety of neurological and psychological presentations. Dr. Spencer evaluates individuals through the lifespan, conducting assessments aimed at informing treatment. She has interests and experience in evaluating Dyslexia, Autism Spectrum Disorders, ADHD and other learning issues. Psychological evaluations she completes are aimed at uncovering psychological processes that influence behavior. Executive functioning skills training with students aimed at improving organizational skills, study strategies and self-regulations strategies are additional areas of treatment.
As a therapist, she utilizes Cognitive and Dialectical Behavioral to a wide array of individuals with co-occurring disorders. She treats those experiencing adjustment issues, anxiety, depression and those living with concussion and traumatic brain injury. She works collaboratively with psychiatrists, neurologists, developmental pediatricians and physiatrists to provide comprehensive care to a varied patient population.
Prior to her work at the Lindner Center of HOPE, Dr. Spencer experiences have been diverse. Most recently, she was an associate in a group private practice in New Jersey where she provided neuropsychological evaluations to children through adulthood. She also provided individual and group psychotherapy. She also has experience working in a hospital setting as a member of a multidisciplinary treatment team. There, Dr. Spencer provided neuropsychological evaluations to a diverse physical medicine rehabilitation population. Additionally, while practicing in the state of New Jersey, she served as past president of the New Jersey Neuropsychological Society and was a board member on the Committee on Legislative Affairs of the New Jersey Psychological Association.
Dr. Spencer completed two postdoctoral fellowships in clinical neuropsychology; one at New York University Langone Medical Center’s Rusk Institute and in a group private practice affiliated with Norwalk Hospital in Norwalk, Connecticut. She completed her psychology internship at Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation in West Orange, New Jersey and earned her doctoral degree in Counseling Psychology from Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey.
- 1993 B.A. Psychology, Ohio State University – Columbus, Ohio
- 1995 M.Ed. Counseling Psychology, Temple University – Philadelphia, Pa
- 2005 Doctor of Education, Counseling Psychology – Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey – New Brunswick, New Jersey
Internship and Fellowships:
- 2003-2004 Kessler Institute of Rehabilitation – West Orange, New Jersey
- 2004-2005 New York University Langone Medical Center – Rusk Institute for
- Rehabilitation - New York, New York
- 2005-2007 Neuropsychology Consultants – Affiliated with Norwalk Hospital in Norwalk, Connecticut
Licensure and Certification:
- Ohio State Board of Psychology, Ohio License # 7557
- Previously licensed in New Jersey, Connecticut and New York