Amanda Porter, PhD, APRN, PMHNP-BC
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, Outpatient Services, Integrative Mental Health Practitioner
Lindner Center of HOPE
Dr. Amanda Porter is a triple-board certified Psychiatric Mental Health Practitioner, certified in internal medicine, psychiatry/mental health and addictions.
In her role, Dr. Porter offers patients psychiatric medication evaluation and treatment in addition to ongoing therapeutic evaluation and program support for Lindner Center of HOPE Professional Associates. She offers unique expertise in Integrative Mental Health (click here to learn more). Dr. Porter also supports the Mindful Transitions Partial Hospitalization Program
Prior to joining Lindner Center of HOPE, she served as an Adult Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner for Modern Psychiatry and Wellness, LLC in West Chester, Ohio. There she gained significant experience conducting diagnostic evaluations and carrying out a holistic treatment plan, including prescription of appropriate medications.
Additional experience includes serving as Nurse Practitioner for Inpatient Behavioral Health Services at Kettering Health Network in Hamilton, Ohio, serving as adjunct nursing faculty and clinical instructor at the College of Mt. St. Joseph in Cincinnati, and serving as staff nurse in ICUs in hospitals around Cincinnati.
Dr. Porter has professional membership in a number of nursing societies and has published in MEDSURG Nursing and The Journal for Nurse Practitioners. She also serves as a volunteer preceptor for several local universities.
Her PhD is in Mind-Body Medicine and Integrative Mental Health. Her dissertation entitled “The Relationship Between Mitochondrial Disease (MD) and Severity of Depression in Patients with Mood Disorders” showed that while there is not a statistically significant relationship between MD and severity of depression, the majority of her sample population (approximately 74%) tested positive for one or more biomarkers of secondary mitochondrial disease. Therefore, a substantial number of patients presented with some degree of depression and also appear to have co-morbid mitochondrial dysfunction – this fact is of special interest for future clinical research.
Dr. Porter is available for integrative consults. The ideal patient for an integrative consult is a patient who needs direction and guidance on how their lifestyle choices impact mental/physical wellness, and also patients who are interested in searching for a biological reason for their mood disorder.
Areas of Specialty
- Integrative Mental Health Practitioner
- Holistic treatment with a functional medicine approach
- Medication management
- 2021 competed PhD in Integrative Mental Health and Functional Nutrition
- 2015 Post-Master’s Certificate in Nursing, Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner, Eastern Kentucky University
- 2013 Master of Science in Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner, University of Cincinnati
- 2008 Bachelor of Science in Nursing, University of South Carolina
Licensure and Certification:
- CPR and AED (BLS)
- Registered Nurse (RN) in Ohio
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) in Ohio
- Certificate of Authority (COA) in Ohio
- Certificate to Prescribe (CTP) in Ohio
- Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) prescriptive authority
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (CPI)
- Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP)
- Clozapine REMS Certification
- Certified Addictions Advanced Practice Nurse (CARN-AP)
- Suboxone waiver