Whitney Peters, MS, LPCC
Lindner Center of HOPE
Whitney Peters serves as an outpatient therapist at the Lindner Center of HOPE and is also a member of the OCD Treatment Team.
Prior to entering graduate school, she earned a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology at The Ohio State University. There, she participated in research studies in behavioral psychology and cognitive psychology.
Prior to joining the Lindner Center of HOPE, she worked as an outpatient counselor at NOCD, private practice, and community mental health in Columbus, Ohio. She is a member of the International OCD Foundation, the TLC Foundation for Body Focused Repetitive Behaviors, the PANS/PANDAS Network, and The Tourette Association of America.
She is a specialist in the treatment of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Body Focused Repetitive Behavior Disorders like Trichotillomania (hair pulling) and Excoriation (skin picking), Body Dysmorphia, Tics and Tourette’s Syndrome, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder, and PANS/PANDAS.
She has written articles and educational materials about OCD and fundraises for continued OCD research and treatment with the annual One Million Steps for OCD Walk in Columbus and Cincinnati, Ohio.
- 2007 - 2011 B.A. Psychology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- 2012 - 2014 M.S. Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Wright State University, Fairborn OH
Internship and Practicum:
- 2014 Counselor Practicum, Marion Area Counseling Center, Marion OH
Licensure and Certification:
- 2014 Counselor Trainee, Counselor, Social Worker, & Marriage and Family Therapist Board
- 2015 Licensed Professional Counselor, Social Worker, & Marriage and Family Therapist Board
- 2019 Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, Social Worker, & Marriage and Family Therapist Board