Elizabeth Mariutto, PsyD, CEDS-S
Clinical Director of Eating Disorder Services
Lindner Center of HOPE
Dr. Mariutto serves as a staff psychologist at the Lindner Center of HOPE. Within the Harold C. Schott Foundation Eating Disorders Program, Dr. Mariutto serves as the Clinical Director of Eating Disorder Services and as an outpatient therapist. She has been trained in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Cognitive Behavior Therapy for Eating Disorders (CBT-E), Radically Open Dialectical Behavior Therapy (RO DBT) and Family-Based Treatment (FBT). She is both a Certified Eating Disorder Specialist – Supervisor (CEDS-S) and a certified Family-Based Treatment Therapist. Dr. Mariutto leads mindful eating and self-compassion groups at the center, as well as consults on the residential units, provides individual therapy within the adult partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient programs, and serves as a consulting psychologist for the Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center inpatient and partial hospitalization programs at the Lindner Center of HOPE.
In addition to her work on the Eating Disorders Treatment Team, she has strong interests in anxiety management, OCD, and perinatal and postpartum disorders, and she participates in the DBT and RO DBT programs offered at the Center as an individual DBT and RO DBT therapist. Furthermore, she has been trained in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy (TF CBT) and Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT) for the treatment of Post-traumatic Stress Disorder, as well as completed specialized training on trauma through the International Association of Trauma Professionals.
Dr. Mariutto completed her postdoctoral fellowship in clinical psychology jointly at Lindner Center of HOPE and the University of Cincinnati. At the Lindner Center of HOPE, she provided individual and family therapy across all levels of care, specifically focusing on mood, anxiety, self-harm, and eating disordered symptoms. She was active in community outreach and program development. At the University of Cincinnati, Dr. Mariutto conducted individual therapy, couples therapy, and psychological evaluations within the Health Services Center for students with a myriad of psychological concerns. She served as a consultant regarding the treatment of eating disorders and educated the staff on the management of such symptoms.
Dr. Mariutto has experience working with children, adolescents, and adults in a variety of treatment settings, including community mental health, school-based services, and college counseling centers. She has experience in parent training, psychological assessment, ADHD management, mood and anxiety disorders, trauma treatment, and crisis intervention. She also spent over four years in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Cincinnati working as a research coordinator in the areas of fibromyalgia and pain management. She is a member of the International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals (IAEDP).
Areas of Interest/Specialty:
- Eating Disorders
- Mindful Eating
- Anxiety Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Women’s Health
- 2007 B.A. Psychology, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN
- 2010 M.A. Clinical Psychology, Xavier University, Cincinnati, OH
- 2013 Doctorate of Clinical Psychology, Xavier University, Cincinnati, OH
- 2012-2013 Internship in Psychology, Applewood Centers, Inc., Cleveland, OH
- 2013-2014 Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
- 2013-2014 Postdoctoral Fellowship, Lindner Center of HOPE, Cincinnati, OH
Licensure and Certification:
- 2014 Ohio State Board of Psychology, License #7197
- 2016 Certified Family-Based Treatment therapist through Training Institute for Child and Adolescent Eating Disorders
- 2020 Certified Eating Disorder Specialist through International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals
- 2021 Certified Eating Disorder Specialist - Supervisor through International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals