Heather Melena, APRN, PMHNP-BC
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Lindner Center of HOPE
Heather Melena serves as a psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner at the Lindner Center of HOPE. She attends to individuals across the lifespan in the outpatient setting to provide holistic nursing care and medication management services.
Prior to obtaining her advanced practice degree, Heather earned her bachelor’s degree from Ohio University. Before becoming certified as a nurse practitioner, Heather worked as a registered nurse gaining experience in psychiatric, emergency, and medical-surgical nursing. She has worked in the inpatient and residential setting at the Lindner Center of HOPE, and alongside psychiatrists performing ECT, TMS, and ketamine aiming to care for those affected by treatment-resistant depression. She has worked primarily with adolescents and adults through out her nursing career but enjoys working with people of all ages.
Her clinical experiences throughout her advanced practice education involved both inpatient and outpatient services for children, adolescents, and adults in the psychiatric mental-health setting. She gained specific education and experience with the assessment and treatment of co-morbid medical diagnoses within the context of Pediatric Acute-onset Neuropsychiatric Syndrome and Autoimmune Encephalitis (PANS/AE) in adolescents and adults which she is eager to carry on into her practice at the Center. She is a member of the American Psychiatric Nurses Association, Sigma Theta Tau Honors Nursing Society; Rho Theta Chapter; and the American Association of Nurse Practitioners. Also a member of the PANDAS Physician Network.
This provider offers telehealth visits.
- Associates Degree in Nursing, Galen College of Nursing, Cincinnati, OH
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Ohio University, Athens, OH
- Master of Science in Nursing, Northern Kentucky University, Highland Heights, KY
Internship and Residencies:
- Clinical practicums:
- Inpatient and Outpatient Treatment services for adults (Lindner Center of HOPE)
- Inpatient and Outpatient treatment services for children and adolescents (Lindner Center of HOPE)
- Outpatient treatment of Pediatric Neuropsychiatric Syndrome and Autoimmune Encephalitis (Lindner Center of HOPE)
Licensure and Certification:
- ANCC Board Certified Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Current Ohio Nursing and Nurse Practitioner License.