William Hartmann, MD, FAPA
Chief of Adult Psychiatry, Medical Director of Williams House, Staff Psychiatrist
Lindner Center of HOPE
Dr. Hartmann serves as Medical Director of Williams House at the Lindner Center of HOPE. He attends to adult patients, primarily in the residential programs of Williams House and Sibcy House. Dr. Hartmann embraces the collaborative treatment team approach in determining diagnosis and individualized treatment plans. Dr. Hartmann values the roles of evidence-based psychopharmacology and psychotherapies in guiding patients towards recovery. Dr. Hartmann serves as President of Medical Staff at Lindner Center of HOPE and continues to serve with various hospital clinical and administrative committees, as he has over his career. Dr. Hartmann provides student and resident physician teaching as Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychiatry at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine.
Prior to joining the Lindner Center of HOPE, he worked for 12 years as Medical Director, Inpatient Psychiatry Services and Education, at Akron General Medical Center, in Akron, Ohio, while with Greater Akron Psychiatry (Partners Physician Group). Dr. Hartmann held academic appointments with Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED) and Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine and served on the Residency Education Committee of the NEOMED Psychiatry Residency. Dr. Hartmann was recognized as the NEOMED Psychiatry Residency Teacher of the Year for 2014-2015 and was named an Outstanding Volunteer Faculty at NEOMED in 2013. He has supervised psychiatrists-in-training in both psychotherapy and pharmacologic treatment in the inpatient, emergency, residential, and outpatient settings.
Dr. Hartmann has been a Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association since 2011 and is board certified as a Diplomate of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Inc. While in Akron, he served as President of the Northeast Ohio Psychiatric Physicians Association (2013-2014).
Areas of Interest:
- Mood Disorders
- Trauma-related conditions
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy
- Diagnostic assessment
- Residential and inpatient psychiatry
- 1995 Bachelor of Science, The University of Akron, Akron, OH
- 1999 Doctor of Medicine, Northeast Ohio Medical University, Rootstown, OH
Internship and Residencies:
- 1999-2003 Residency in Psychiatry, Northeast Ohio Medical University Affiliated Program at Akron General Medical Center and Summa (Akron City/St. Thomas) Health System, Akron, OH
Licensure and Certification:
- 2001 Medical License, Ohio State Medical Board
- 2005 Board Certification in Adult Psychiatry as a Diplomate of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Inc.