Tracy Suzanne Cummings, MD
Associate Chief Medical Officer for Clinical Excellence and Chief of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Lindner Center of HOPE
In her role as Associate Chief Medical Officer for Clinical Excellence, Dr. Cummings is responsible for developing, implementing, and sustaining programs and policies that support our growing group of expert prescribers and therapists in their efforts to provide care at the highest possible level of excellence and to measure the outcomes of their efforts.
Dr. Cummings also serves as the Chief of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry for the Lindner Center of HOPE. Additionally, as the Medical Director for Cincinnati Children’s Inpatient and Partial Hospitalization services at Lindner, Dr. Cummings provides clinical oversight to patient care on both unit. As a staff psychiatrist for LCOH, she specializes in the assessment and treatment of children through emerging adulthood. Dr. Cummings works to integrate all aspects of mental and physical health into the treatment process. Working with a collaborative team, Dr. Cummings’s current clinical work focuses on comprehensive assessment and intensive treatment to ensure patient success with those in the Adolescent Partial Hospitalization Program and Comprehensive Diagnostic Assessment Program for children and adolescents. Outpatient pharmacotherapy is centered around teens and young adults, but can span all age ranges. Previously, Dr. Cummings worked for over 2 years at Sibcy House, the adult diagnostic residential unit at LCOH.
Prior to joining Lindner Center of HOPE, Dr. Cummings was a staff psychiatrist at a federally qualified health center in southern Ohio working to integrate mental healthcare into primary care offices. She gained experience working with individuals and families coping with severe and chronic psychiatric issues at Northwest Ohio Psychiatric Hospital in Toledo while completing her fellowship training. Dr. Cummings began her Adult General Psychiatry Residency training with the Department of Psychiatry at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, New Hampshire, and completed her training at the University of Toledo Medical Center in Toledo, Ohio. She specialized in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry during her postdoctoral fellowship at the University of Toledo Medical Center. She is certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and is licensed by the State Medical Board of Ohio.
A published clinician who has enjoyed the opportunity to participate in research, Dr. Cummings has made significant effort to present locally and nationally on a wide range of topics in order to provide education to patients and families while reducing the stigma of seeking mental health care.
This provider offers telehealth visits.
Areas of Specialty and Interest:
- Child and Adolescent Outpatient Services
- Adult Residential Services
- Patient education and empowerment
- Child and Adolescent Partial Hospitalization Program
- 2005 Doctor of Medicine, University of Toledo Medical Center, Toledo, Ohio
- 2000 Bachelor of Arts, Zoology, Summa Cum Laude, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio
Internship and Residencies:
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship, Department of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Toledo Medical Center, Toledo, Ohio, 2008-2010
- Chief Resident, Department of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Toledo Medical Center, Toledo, Ohio, 2009-2010
- Adult General Psychiatry Resident, University of Toledo Medical Center, Toledo, Ohio, 2007-2008
- Adult General Psychiatry Resident, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, New Hampshire, 2005-2007
Licensure, Certification and Membership:
- Ohio State Medical Board
- Board Certified in Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Board Certified in Child/Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Psychiatry Association
Honors and Awards:
- Lindner Center of HOPE Employee of the Year 2020
- University of Toledo Medical Center, Chief Resident, Child & Adolescent Department.
- University of Toledo Medical Center, Sharad Multani Award for excellence in clinical care.
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Excellence in Teaching Award in Psychiatry
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, Excellence in Teaching Award, Internal Medicine nominee
- University of Toledo Medical Center, Dr. Sam Schaeffer Award, Peer Chosen Award
- Award nominee; Outstanding Student Leader and Outstanding New Student Leader
- Treatment of Catatonic Schizophrenia with Lorazepam and Aripiprazole, Schizophrenia Research, Volume 112, Issue 1, 2009