Angela Couch, RN, MSN, PMHNP-BC
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Lindner Center of HOPE
As an ANCC Board Certified Adult Psychiatric Mental Health Practitioner, Ms. Couch has been practicing as an ANCC Board Certified Adult Psychiatric Mental Health Practitioner since 2004 in the areas of community mental health, corrections, and currently Lindner Center of HOPE. She is a member of Lindner Center of HOPE’s Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) treatment team. In her role as Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, Ms. Couch offers patients psychiatric medication evaluation and treatment in addition to ongoing therapeutic evaluation and program support. Ms. Couch uses the Center’s hallmark approach to treatment including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP) modalities.
Prior to joining Lindner Center of HOPE, she served as an Adult Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner for MHM Ohio, Inc., with the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections.
Ms. Couch has served as Adult Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner and Med-Somatic Unit Manager for TCN Behavioral Health Services in Xenia and Fairborn, Ohio. She has also served as Adult Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner at North Central Mental Health Services in Columbus, Ohio. Prior to becoming an Advanced Practice Nurse, Ms. Couch held a number of positions with Miami Valley Hospital Psychiatric Services in Dayton, Ohio.
Ms. Couch is a member of the Ohio Association of Advanced Practice Nurses and the International OCD Foundation. She is a 2011 graduate of the Behavioral Therapy Training Institute through International Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Foundation.
Areas of Specialty
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Anxiety and depressive disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Spectrum Disorders
- Medication management
- Panic Disorder
- 2004 Master of Science in Nursing, The Ohio State University
- 2001 Bachelor of Science in Nursing, University of Cincinnati
- 1998 Bachelor of Arts in Speech Communication, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio
Licensure and Certification:
- ANCC Board Certified Adult Psychiatric Mental Health Practitioner
- Current Ohio Nursing and Nurse Practitioner Licenses
- 2011 Behavioral Therapy Training Institute