Heather A. Connor, LISW-S
Lindner Center of HOPE
Ms. Connor serves as an outpatient therapist at the Lindner Center of HOPE. She provides individual and family based therapy in the Outpatient Practice. She specializes in the treatment of eating disorders and is a member of the Harold C. Schott Foundation Eating Disorders Program. As a part of the program she provides services in the outpatient, adult partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient, and residential programs.
Prior to joining the Lindner Center of HOPE, Heather served as an outpatient therapist at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center serving adolescents and families providing individual, family-based, and group therapy in the outpatient setting. Ms. Connor also has past experience working in community mental health and has experience providing care in both the inpatient and residential settings. She also previously served as Manager of Social Work, Recreation Therapy, and Spiritual Care at the Lindner Center of HOPE.
In addition to her interest in eating disorders, Ms. Connor also has interest in working with anxiety disorders, OCD, depression, trauma, and working with individuals who identify as LGBTQ+. She is trained in Family Based Therapy (FBT) and has taken part in specialized trainings through the International Association of Trauma Professionals. Her approach also utilizes skills from Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT).
- 2001-2005 Bachelors of Science (BS), Hearing, Speech, and Language Sciences, Ohio University, Athens, OH
- 2007-2009 Masters of Social Work (MSW), University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
- 2007-2008 Internship: Psychiatric Emergency Services, University Hospital, Cincinnati, OH
- 2008-2009 Internship: Residential Chemical Dependency Program, Veteran Affairs Hospital, Cincinnati, OH
Licensure and Certification:
- 2009: Licensed Social Worker, S.0901173
- 2011: Licensed Independent Social Worker – Supervision Designation, I.1200343-SUPV