Brian Berendts, MSN, APRN-CNP, PMHNP-BC
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Lindner Center of HOPE
Mr. Berendts serves as a psychiatric nurse practitioner at the Lindner Center of HOPE. He is an attending provider in the Adult Partial Hospitalization Program and works with outpatient adolescents (15+) and adults.
Prior to obtaining his advanced practice degree from Eastern Kentucky University, he earned his Bachelor of Science in Nursing from The Ohio State University. Previous experience as a Registered Nurse includes work in Sleep Disorders, Psychiatric Inpatient and Residential care, and extensive time performing clinical drug research. Prior to coming to the Lindner Center of HOPE, he spent time as a nurse practitioner in Child and Adolescent Outpatient Services at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital. Furthermore, Mr. Berendts has considerable experience presenting and teaching at national and international conferences on a variety of healthcare related topics.
His 25+ years in healthcare influences his evidence-based practice with an emphasis on the lifestyle choices of his patients, including but not limited to, the importance of adequate sleep, regular exercise, and brain healthy nutrition. He views these daily patient decisions as vital to support the work that is done in therapy, with medication as an assistance to those endeavors. He particularly enjoys working with the emerging adult population, but also enjoys the therapeutic relationship with established adults struggling with anxiety and depression. He is available for both in-person and telehealth appointments.
This provider offers telehealth visits.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
- Master of Science in Nursing, Eastern Kentucky University, Richmond KY
Licensure and Certification:
- State of Ohio, Advanced Practice Registered Nurse - Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Commonwealth of Kentucky, Nurse Practitioner
- American Nurses Credentialing Center- Board Certified Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- American Psychiatric Nurses Association
- Ohio Association of Advanced Practice Nurses