Dawn Anderson, LPCC-S
Staff Therapist/ Supervisor
Lindner Center of HOPE
Dawn Anderson serves as a staff therapist and supervisor at the Lindner Center of HOPE. She attends to adult and child outpatient clients and is also a member of the Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and Eating Disorder (EDO) Teams.
Dawn Anderson completed her graduate and undergraduate studies at the University of Cincinnati. Her background in psychology and ongoing professional activity in this branch of science keep her informed about best practices and emerging treatment opportunities.
Her therapeutic expertise is complemented by over fifteen years of experience in clinical practice. Her practice philosophy is patient-centered, holistic, and pragmatic. Dawn utilizes evidence-based practice including Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Exposure Response Prevention (ERP) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). She is also is trained in experiential interventions including Sand Tray therapy. Dawn also has experience in working with a diverse range of clients including couples and family therapy.
Prior to joining the Lindner Center of HOPE, she has worked as an outpatient therapist and supervisor at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital as well as Central Clinic/ CDC Behavioral Health in Middletown and facilitated groups in inpatient psychiatry at The Christ Hospital.
She is a specialist in the treatment of trauma, depression, anxiety, and LGBTQIA+ populations.
Dawn has licensure in Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana.
- Trauma Informed Clinical Care
- Trauma Informed Parenting/ Co-regulating
- 2007-2010 B.A. Science, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio
- 2010-2012 M.A. Mental Health Counseling, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio
Internship and Residencies:
- 2010-2012 Practicum and Internship at Central Clinic, Cincinnati, Ohio
Licensure and Certification:
- 2015 Ohio Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor Supervisor
- 2021 Kentucky Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor Supervisor
- 2021 Indiana Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor Supervisor