Expert discussion of:
• Mental Health
• Substance use disorders
• Treatment and strategies for coping
Presented by Lindner Center of HOPE clinicians.
Sponsored by Lindner Center of HOPE with the support
of Manor House.
Third Wednesday of every other month
from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at:
7440 Mason-Montgomery Rd.
Mason, OH 45040
Register below under each series you would like to attend. If any have questions, you can contact Pricila Gran at (513) 536-0318 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020 Monthly Calendar Series
February 19, 2020
Helping Your Loved One with an Eating Disorder
Elizabeth Mariutto, PsyD, Lindner Center of HOPE, Psychologist and Clinical Director of Partial Hospitalization/Intensive Outpatient Adult Eating Disorder Services
- Be able to identify common signs and symptoms indicative of eating disorders
- Learn to challenge myths about eating disorders
- Be able to identify strategies to support one’s family member or friend with this illness
April 15, 2020 CANCELED – We apologize for the inconvenience.
Ecotherapy for Wellness
Anna Guerdjikova, PhD, LISW, CCRC, Director of Administrative Services, Harold C. Schott Foundation Eating Disorders Program
- Hear an introduction to ecopsychology and how experiential connection with nature can support wellness
- Become familiar with evidence based studies of ecotherapy in mental illness
- Learn practical tips on how to incorporate connectedness with nature in everyday life to increase wellness
June 17, 2020 – By way of virtual platform.
What is OCD and How is It Treated?
Nicole Bosse, PsyD, Lindner Center of HOPE, Staff Psychologist and Jennifer Wilcox, PsyD, Lindner Center of HOPE, Staff Psychologist
- Develop a basic understanding of what is an is not OCD
- Learn about various types of OCD symptoms/presentation
- Learn about the treatment options for OCD
August 19, 2020 – By way of virtual platform.
Helping Teens Become Healthy Young Adults
Jennifer Farley, PsyD, Lindner Center of HOPE, Staff Psychologist
- Learn about appropriate expectations for teens and the benefits of establishing & maintaining them
- Learn about how the family system impacts the emancipation process
- Learn examples of parent/child dynamics that positively and negatively affect one’s maturity into young adulthood
October 21, 2020 – By way of virtual platform.
Co-Occurring Disorders: More common than not
Chris Tuell, EdD, LPCC-S, LICDC-CS, Lindner Center of HOPE Clinical Director of Addiction Services
- Become more familiar with the research regarding the relationship between mental illness and substance use.
- Gain a better understanding of the impact and treatment implications related to having a co-occurring disorder.
- Learn about the CUBIS Model of co-occurring disorders and how it provides a treatment template for wellness.
December 16, 2020
“How many children do you have ? “The dreaded question – Facing the loss of a child
Margot Brandi, MD, Lindner Center of HOPE, Medical Director of Sibcy House
- Learn about the parent role and the loss of a child: Unique challenges associated with this particular loss. Impact on self, marital relationships, siblings and other family members. Special considerations when the loss of a child is due to suicide or drug overdose.
- Learn about continuing bonds: the two track model of bereavement
- Learn an intervention approach: How to provide and give comfort – what to say or not to say ? Awkward comments to avoid vs concrete things to do.