Shannon Jensen, LISW-S
Lindner Center of HOPE
As an outpatient therapist, Ms. Jensen provides clinical counseling and substance abuse treatment for diverse treatment populations. Within her role she conducts diagnostic assessments and evaluations, develops treatment planning and ongoing therapeutic management of her patients. Ms. Jensen is trained in Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) and utilizes various treatment modalities, including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Motivational Interviewing (MI), family systems approach, behavioral therapy, play therapy and an ecological systems approach.
Prior to joining Lindner Center of HOPE, Ms. Jensen served as Supervisor and Clinical Therapist for Family Service of the Cincinnati Area. Additional experience includes serving as a Mental Health Clinician, Supervisor and Mental Health Case Manager for Diversion Adolescent Foster Care of Ohio, Inc. in Cincinnati, Ohio.
In addition to her training in DBT she has specialized training in gambling and internet addiction counseling.
This provider offers telehealth visits.
Areas of Specialty and Interest:
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Chemical and Behavioral Addictions
- Internet and Gambling Addictions
- 1993 B.S. Human Development and Social Policy, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
- 1998 M.S.W., Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN
Internships and Residencies:
- 1997 The Villages, Indianapolis, IN
- 1998 Metropolitan School District of Pike Township, Indianapolis, IN
- 1998 L.S.W. Ohio license # S23579
- 2001 L.I.S.W. Ohio license # I9099
- 2008 L.I.S.W-S Ohio license # I9099