Date(s) - June 19, 2019
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Category(ies) No Categories
Expert discussion of:
• Mental Health
• Substance use disorders
• Treatment and strategies for coping
Presented by Lindner Center of HOPE clinicians.
Sponsored by Lindner Center of HOPE with the support
of Manor House.
Third Wednesday of every other month
from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at:
7440 Mason-Montgomery Rd.
Mason, OH 45040
Register by calling Pricila Gran at (513) 536-0318 or email name and phone number of attendees to
Monthly Calendar Series
February 20, 2019
Internet Use Disorder and My Child
Chris Tuell, EdD, LPCC-S, LICDC-CS
- Participants will develop a better understanding of Internet Use Disorder and the impact upon youth.
- Participants will gain an awareness of the relationship between Internet Use Disorder and mental health (co-occurring disorders) and what implications this has for youth with respect to treatment, health and wellness.
- Participants will gain a better understanding of the role of the addictive brain in Internet Use Disorder, as well as the power of the Internet.
April 17, 2019
What is OCD and How is It Treated
Nicole Bosse, PsyD and Jennifer Wilcox, PsyD
- Participants will develop a basic understanding of what is and is not OCD
- Participants will learn about various types of OCD symptoms/presentation
- Participants will learn about the treatment options for OCD
June 19, 2019
Emotion Focused Household Culture
Michael K. O’Hearn, MSW, LISW-S
- Participants will be educated on “mechanics” of household culture, and relationship to larger culture
- Participants will be able to illustrate cultural conditioning of household values and priorities
- Participants will be able to demonstrate methods of Emotion Focused problem solving and conflict resolution
August 21, 2019
ADHD in Children and Adolescents
Megan T. Schrantz, Ed.D., LPCC
- Participants will be able to define ADHD (and what it is not)
- Participants will discover how ADHD can co-occur with other conditions
- Participants will learn more about what parents and caregivers can do to help a child with ADHD
October 16, 2019
Understanding Depression and Anxiety after Giving Birth
Danielle J. Johnson, MD, FAPA
- Participants will understand signs and symptoms of postpartum mood and anxiety disorders.
- Participants will understand the risks and benefits of treatment for these disorders.
December 18, 2019
Mindfulness and the Brain: How Mindfulness Can Change Your Brain and Improve Your Health
Stacey L. Spencer, Ed.D.
- Participants will be able to define mindfulness and meditation and dispel common myths about each
- Participants will be able to describe short and long-term effects of mindfulness on the brain, cognition and behavior
- Participants will perform at least three brief mindfulness exercises