Now Open! Adolescent Comprehensive Diagnostic Assessment and Intensive Treatment Program at Lindner Center of HOPE
Adolescence is a critical time when physical, cognitive, and social changes allow a teenager to develop the identity that will serve as a basis for their adult lives. Unfortunately, research indicates this is also the time when psychiatric illness develops and becomes more present. The significant impact of these illnesses in the developmental years, makes finding the right care environment even more critical.
Struggles with mental health and addiction issues can be complex and complicated, so much so that typical inpatient and outpatient assessment and treatment options may not be able to get to the root of the issues.
The Adolescent Comprehensive Diagnostic Assessment and Intensive Treatment Program, which opened May 12, 2014, offers a specialized and intimate treatment setting within the Lindner Center of HOPE, focusing on intensive assessment and treatment of patients, age 11 through 17, suffering with complex, co-morbid mental health issues. As adolescence is such a tender time, accurate diagnosis, effective treatment planning, and the development of a solid blueprint for treatment success and realistic future focus is even more crucial. A 21-day diagnostic stay for adolescents results in a detailed but concise diagnostic picture, which includes the results of genetic testing for the development of the optimal psychopharmacologic treatment plan. Additional treatment weeks, beyond the diagnostic assessment, feature a strengths-based approach to treatment helping adolescents build skills readying them for next steps in treatment and life.
Serving patients ages 11 to 17 with:
- Depression & Bipolar Disorders
- Anxiety & Obsessive Compulsive Disorders
- Disorders of Thinking & Related Conditions
- Complex, Co-morbidity
- Eating Disorders
- Addictive and Co-Occurring Psychiatric Disorders
The Adolescent Comprehensive Diagnostic Assessment and Intensive Treatment Program, a private pay program, features:
- A quick and smooth referral and intake process.
- A safe and welcoming environment that meets the adolescent where they are.
- A highly credentialed treatment team, with access to 45 clinical consultants.
- Specialization in complex mental health and addictive disorders.
- An evidence-based compilation of psychological and neuropsychological testing.
- A comprehensive assessment resulting in a detailed but concise diagnostic picture.
- Genetic testing for developing the optimal psychopharmacologic treatment plan.
- A structured milieu model with CBT and DBT as a foundation.
- A strengths-based approach to treatment recommendations and development of future focus.
- A licensed teacher collaboratively working with the treatment team and home school contacts.
- Parent and family involvement and education.
- Follow-up support for up to 3 months after discharge.
- A network of HOPE for further treatment referrals for patients and families.