2024 Free Community Education Series
Strategies for awareness, prevention, and proactive ways to bolster health.
Presented by Lindner Center of HOPE clinicians.
Sponsored by Lindner Center of HOPE with the support of Manor House, Countryside YMCA and Community Partners.
Third Wednesday of certain months beginning in February 2024
from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at (now 2 locations):
Manor House (on certain months)
7440 Mason-Montgomery Rd.
Mason, OH 45040
Countryside YMCA (Event Center) – Lebanon (on certain months)
1699 Deerfield Rd.
Lebanon, OH 45036
Virtual Option *by way of virtual platform provided by:
Register below under each series you would like to attend. If any have questions, you can contact Pricila Gran at (513) 536-0318 or email email@example.com.
2024 Calendar Series
Free Community Education Series 2024
Feb 21, 2024 Manor House
Megan Schrantz, EdD, LPCC, Therapist
Coping with Posttraumatic Stress: Journey Toward Hope and Healing
- Learn what posttraumatic stress is and how it can impact one’s mental health and overall functioning.
- Learn therapeutic tasks for healing trauma.
- Learn healthy strategies to manage symptoms and to move forward.
March 20, 2024 Countryside YMCA – Lebanon
Chris Tuell, EdD, LPCC-S, LICDC-CS, Clinical Director of Addiction Services
The Internet and How to Have a Healthy Digital Diet
- Learn the importance of having a healthy, balanced life of digital consumption.
- Learn the relationship between the digital world and mental illness.
- Learn the role of nature and nurture in the relationship in having a healthy digital diet.
April 17, 2024 Manor House
Laurie Little, PsyD, Chief Patient Experience Officer and Staff Psychologist
The Silent Strain of Decision Fatigue
- Learn what Decision Fatigue is.
- Learn the negative consequences of Decision Fatigue.
- Learn 3 coping strategies to manage the consequences of Decision Fatigue.
(May 19 will be Community Education Day) – separate sign-up
June 19, 2024 Countryside YMCA – Lebanon
Nicole Mori, RN, MSN, APRN-BC, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Is the circadian system the key to better mental health?
- Learn about current scientific evidence supporting the role of circadian rhythms in mental health.
- Learn 3 practices for mitigating the effects of circadian misalignment.
Sept. 18, 2024 Manor House
Peter White, M.A., LPCC, LICDC, Outpatient Therapist
How to Proactively Manage Your Mental Health
- Learn the difference between Proactive Mental Health management and managing behavioral health problems.
- Learn the 5 ‘What’s’ of Proactive Mental Health activity.
- Learn the 6 ‘How’s’ of Proactive Mental Health activity.
Oct. 16, 2024 Countryside YMCA – Lebanon
Tracy Cummings, MD, Associate Chief Medical Officer for Clinical Excellence and Chief of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Learn the importance of empowered parenting throughout the lifespan.
- Discuss ways to implement positive change within the parent-child relationship.
Nov 20, 2024 Manor House
Anna Guerdjikova, PhD, LISW, CCRC, Director of Administrative Services, Harold C. Schott Foundation Eating Disorders Program
The science of longevity update. A conversation on how to age gracefully and improve life quality over life quantity.
- Review current scientific advances in longevity.
- Discuss the role of genetics and environment in aging as a modifiable process.
- Explore advances in Medicine 2.0 and 3.0 and learn about biohacks for increasing healthspan and promoting longevity.
Dec. 18, 2024 Countryside YMCA – Lebanon
Tom Parker, LISW, Director of External Relations and Valerie Martin, MDiv, Spiritual Care Coordinator
A Cool Yule – Practical and Faithful Ways to Have a More Peaceful Holiday Season
- Address why the holidays can be so difficult and learn coping tools to
- Handle grief that can be a guest during this time.
- Manage difficult and complicated emotions.
- Tailor expectations into practical and enjoyable possibilities.
Specifically, each of these areas will be wrapped with practical and faithful ways (and skills) to help foster and support important relationships during a busy and often stressful season.