Residential Treatment Centers for Adults in Indiana
If you or a loved one is suffering from a mental health illness or addiction, contact Lindner Center of HOPE for information about our residential programs. If you are in a dangerous situation, facing an emergency or need help immediately, call 911.
If you are a provider looking to refer a patient, call 513-536-0537 or download one of our residential referral forms here.
Many adults suffer from mental health issues and addiction disorders. At times the struggle can feel hopeless, but there is help available. Residential treatment for adults with mental health and addiction disorders can help by providing 24-hour therapeutic care in a licensed residential treatment facility. This creates a safe environment where an individual can focus solely on treatment and recovery.
Searching for residential treatment can be a stressful experience. We are here to give you all the information you need about seeking residential treatment centers for adults in Indiana. This page will focus on information on finding residential treatment centers, types of residential treatment centers, and what you should look for in a residential treatment center.
How To Find Residential Treatment Centers
Sometimes mental health and addiction disorders require an individual to receive treatment in inpatient mental health facilities. There are several licensed residential treatment centers for adults in Indiana and surrounding states that can offer help through mental health and addiction programs.
Here are some things to consider when selecting residential treatment:
- First, talk with your doctor or healthcare provider to decide what exact residential treatment center would be best for you. They can refer you to a licensed residential treatment center that matches your specific needs.
- Speak with someone you know who has also struggled with mental health or addiction issues. They may be able to offer guidance and advice on choosing this path for yourself or a loved one.
- Research which inpatient mental health facilities are best for your particular needs. Different facilities may be better for different mental health and addiction disorders.
- There are other resources available for mental health resources specifically in Indiana. The Family and Social Services Administration has information and resources for treatment and help specifically for Indiana.
- Consider traveling for treatment. Being in a new place can help to put distance between the patient and their triggers, making it easier to stick to their treatment plan.
Benefits of Traveling for Treatment
In some cases, traveling to a different city or state may be the best option for getting high-quality treatment. This is particularly true for those who live in rural areas or small towns, where there may be only a handful of facilities nearby to choose from. By expanding your search to include programs located outside of your immediate area, you can significantly increase your chances of finding a center that offers the level of care you or your loved one needs.
In addition, traveling for treatment can also provide a much-needed sense of a fresh start. Being in a new place can help to take the focus off of you or your loved one’s issues and instead provide the opportunity to focus on recovery.
What Our Residential Treatment Center Offers
Many patients and families choose to travel from Indiana to Ohio to seek care at Lindner Center of HOPE. Adults with mental health issues and addictions issues can find support and quality care in one of our mental health facilities. Here at Lindner Center of HOPE we offer treatment to meet our patient’s needs based on where they are in their recovery journey. We offer a safe and supportive environment to guide our patients to a better quality of life.
In our mental health treatment centers we focus on treating depression, bipolar disorders, eating disorders, obsessive compulsive disorder, anxiety disorders, addiction disorders, and more. Contact us to understand our treatment options better.
Tips for Evaluating Residential Treatment Centers for Adults in Indiana
Seeking treatment for your mental health or addiction issues is an extremely brave step to take, but it can also be a very stressful one. When you are searching for a residential treatment center for yourself or a loved one there are several factors to look for.
- Check to see if the facility has provider certification and licensure from the Indiana Family and Social Services Administration.
- Make sure the facility has treatment options for your specific needs. Again, asking your doctor or mental health provider for a referral is always a good idea.
- Contact the financial department and your insurance provider to understand exactly what your financial options are and if a facility will accept your insurance. Some facilities may have payment plans or financial aid.
- Pick whichever mental health facility makes you comfortable. Do you want to be in a small environment or a larger one? Visit facilities and speak with staff to figure out which environment will be best for you, or your loved ones, treatment.
When is Residential Mental Health the Right Choice?
Many adults experience mental health or addiction issues during their life. According to Johns Hopkins, nearly one in four Americans live with a mental illness. Although mental illness is such a common problem it can also be stigmatizing, and that can stop people from seeking care.
Residential treatment can be helpful for individuals who exhibit the following needs:
- Patients transitioning out of inpatient treatment at a hospital.
- Individuals seeking further stabilization, ongoing diagnostic and intensive treatment.
- Whose mental health or addiction are causing conflict in their everyday life or interpersonal relationships.
- Whose current treatment plan is no longer working for them and they need more attention.
- Are experiencing experiencing symptoms of mental illness for the first time.
These are a few, but not all, situations in which seeking residential mental health might be a good option. Always consult with your doctor or a mental health professional to consider which options are best for you.
How Much Does Residential Mental Health Treatment Cost in Indiana?
Cost may vary from facility to facility. Financial aid or payment plans may be an option. Lindner Center of HOPE has financial counselors available during business hours Monday through Friday to help you understand your financial options.
Facilities may take private or public insurance or they may be self-pay. Speaking with a representative at your insurance company and a representative at the residential facility will help you to better understand your options.
How Long Does Treatment at a Residential Mental Health Facility Take?
The length of treatment at a residential mental health facility largely depends on a patient’s needs. There are short term facilities and long term facilities. A short term program would be a treatment plan for 90 days or less, a long term program could last up to one or two years.
Lindner Center of HOPE offers two residential programs for adults.
- A 10-day diagnostic assessment or stabilizing evaluation.
- A 28-day program of intensive therapy treatment and counseling.
What Should You Expect Out of a Residential Treatment Facility?
Residential mental health treatment will provide intensive one-on-one and group treatment in a controlled environment away from the stresses of everyday life. Residential treatment centers can offer you or your loved one the controlled environment needed to deal with mental health and addiction issues head on.
About Lindner Center of HOPE
At Lindner Center of HOPE we offer exceptional and personal care. We focus on evidence based treatment. Residence based treatment at Lindner Center of HOPE allows individuals to confront their mental health and addiction issues in a comfortable and home-like setting.
If you’re reading this page you’ve already taken the first step. Seeking treatment is an extremely difficult step to take. Reach out to us today, and we can help you take the next few steps.
“I will forever be indebted to the excellent care I received at Sibcy House. I learned that recovery can happen if you have the right diagnosis and are blessed with the high quality care that Sibcy House provides. Thank you, thank you, thank you to the outstanding doctors and staff who make Sibcy House the excellent center of healing that it is. I am so blessed to have been through your program. ”
—Lindner Center of HOPE former resident
“The Lindner Center of HOPE is a wonderful, extremely helpful facility. I would highly recommend to anyone with mental health needs. I feel that it has helped me very much gain the tools, knowledge and treatment to successfully deal with my illness.”
– Lindner Center of HOPE former resident
“I felt important being a patient here. The staff really let me know that they cared about me and cared about what is to become of me. Everyone was very sweet and encouraged participation. I’m glad I was transferred here over other places. It was more helpful than I had expected.”
– Lindner Center of HOPE former resident
“The staff was phenomenal during my stay. As a team, we were able to find the right combination of medications and counseling to help with both my physical symptoms and becoming more in tune with my emotions. I would strongly recommend the Center to anyone struggling with an addiction (whether it be substance abuse or an Eating Disorder), depression, anxiety or any other mental illness. My time spent here almost didn’t feel like a hospital stay, but rather an open atmosphere to voice my opinions and seek the help that I needed.”
– Lindner Center of HOPE former resident
There is HOPE. For help, call