Denise Price, PsyD
Lindner Center of HOPE
Dr. Price serves as a staff psychologist at the Lindner Center of HOPE. She is an expert in providing Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and works collaboratively with adults who are experiencing a wide range of mental health issues. She specializes in providing treatment that is person-centered, solution-focused, and goal-oriented. Her encouraging approach empowers clients with increased coping skills and needed insight to increase their hope. Dr. Price welcomes clients seeking to integrate their faith as part of the healing process.
Dr. Price obtained her doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology at the Wright State School of Professional Psychology in 2000. Prior to joining the team at Lindner, she served at Summit Behavioral Healthcare in Cincinnati, Ohio. In this role, she provided individual and group psychotherapy, conducted psychological assessments and competency to stand trial evaluations, and supervised doctoral psychology graduate students from the University of Cincinnati. Dr. Price was an Affiliate Faculty member at the University of Xavier for the supervision of their graduate students. She completed her APA accredited internship at the Wright State School of Professional Psychology where she rotated to several training sites and worked with clients all ages and diagnoses. She trained in a prison where she completed forensic assessments, assisted with crisis intervention, and provided individual and group psychotherapy to inmates. During her training, she also worked in an outpatient mental health clinic, in elementary schools assisting children who were coping with feelings of depression and anxiety, and in inpatient psychiatric hospitals with patients dealing with severe mental illness.
This provider offers telehealth visits.
Areas of Specialty:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Adult Psychotherapy
- Mood Disorders
- Spiritual Care and Faith Integrated Counseling
- Severe Mental Illness
- Substance Use Disorders
- 1995 B.A. Psychology, Ohio Wesleyan University, Delaware, Ohio
- 2000 Psy.D. Doctorate, Clinical Psychology, Wright State University – School of Professional Psychology, Dayton, Ohio
Internship and Residencies:
- Wright State University’s Ellis Human Development Institute in Dayton, Ohio
- Warren Correctional Institution in Lebanon, Ohio
- Twin Valley Psychiatric Services in Dayton, Ohio
- Preventing Anxiety and Depression in Youth in Dayton, Ohio
- Center for Psychological Services in Dayton, Ohio
Licensure and Certification:
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist – State of Ohio