Kelly Bunker, LISW-S
Lindner Center of HOPE
Ms. Bunker serves as a staff therapist at Lindner Center of HOPE. She attends to adolescents and adults in the outpatient setting.
Prior to entering graduate school at the University of Chicago, she earned a B.S. in biopsychology at the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor.
Her academic studies are complemented by over 27 years of experience in clinical practice.
Prior to joining Lindner Center of HOPE, she has worked at a residential treatment facility, community mental health agencies both in Chicago and Cincinnati, then at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center (CCHMC) where she has worked both in the Emergency Department performing Emergency Psychiatric Assessments and later in the Outpatient Department as an outpatient therapist. While at CCHMC she helped to train medical students and resident physicians in topics related to Dialectical Behavior Therapy as well as eating disorders.
She is a specialist in DBT and in the treatment of eating disorders.
She has presented at CCHMC Social Worker and Clinical Counselor Appreciation Conference on the Ethical Challenges in the Treatment of Children & Adolescents diagnosed with an eating disorder. She has presented at CCHMC’s Psychiatric Grand Rounds on non-suicidal self-injurious behaviors. She has presented at a National Triple Board Symposium on the Four Lenses Personality Assessment. She has edited a chapter in the published book Promoting the emotional and behavioral success of youths: a practical guide for clinicians, by Dr. Sergio Delgado. She has presented many times on topics related to DBT and eating disorders.
- DBT in theory and practice. Mindfulness in the Workplace.
- Non-suicidal self-injurious behaviors
- Eating Disorders
- Four Lenses Personality Assessment
- 1988-1992 B.S. in Bio Psychology, The University of Michigan- Ann Arbor, MI.
- 1992-1995 M.A. in Social Service Administration, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL.
- 1992-1995 Graduate Fellowship, The Sonia Shankman Orthogenic School, Chicago, IL.
Licensure and Certification:
- 1998 Licensed Independent Social Worker, Ohio Board