Kristy L. Hardwick, EdD, LPCC-S
Lindner Center of HOPE
Dr. Hardwick serves as an outpatient therapist at the Lindner Center of HOPE. She provides therapy for children and adolescents, as well as adults in the Outpatient Center. Dr. Hardwick has a passion for helping her patients and families find hope and healing amidst life’s challenges. She believes a collaborative therapeutic relationship is at the core of treatment, one where people are encouraged to focus on the goals and strategies most meaningful to them.
Dr. Hardwick has nearly 25 years of experience in the field of mental health; having served in roles of mental health case manager, clinical counselor, and clinical supervisor; as well as clinical counseling faculty. Prior to joining Lindner Center of HOPE, Dr. Hardwick was an Assistant Professor in a clinical counseling program and provided counseling through her own private practice. Dr. Hardwick has provided individual, group, and family counseling to children, adolescents, and adults in a variety of settings including public mental health agencies, schools, churches, and private practices. She has also served as the Clinical Director of a college counseling center, as well as Internship/Practicum Coordinator and Faculty Supervisor for clinical counseling students. In addition to her clinical experience, Dr. Hardwick has 15 years of experience as faculty teaching and training clinical counseling students.
Dr. Hardwick earned her doctoral degree from the University of Cincinnati and is a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor with Training Supervision Designation (LPCC-S). She is a Certified Clinical Trauma Professional, as well as a Certified Child and Adolescent Trauma Professional. Dr. Hardwick is also a trained Disaster Mental Health Volunteer with the American Red Cross.
Dr. Hardwick is a member of the American Counseling Association, the Ohio Counseling Association, the Greater Cincinnati Counseling Association, the Association for Child and Adolescent Counseling, the Association for Creativity in Counseling, the Association of Counselor Education and Supervision, and the International Association of Trauma Professionals.
This provider offers telehealth visits.
Areas of Specialty and Interest:
- Child and Adolescent Counseling
- Young adulthood
- Grief and Loss
- Behavior Disorders
- Abuse and Neglect
- 1996 Bachelor of Science, Psychology, Xavier University, Cincinnati, Ohio
- 2004 Master of Arts, Mental Health Counseling, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio
- 2013 Doctor of Education, Counselor Education and Supervision, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio
Internship and Residencies:
- 2003 NorthKey Community Care, Florence, Kentucky
- 2003-2004 Health Resource Center, Cincinnati, Ohio
- 2004-2005 Gracepoint Church, Cincinnati, Ohio
- 2004-2007 Counseling Program, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio
- 2007-2009 Talbert House, Cincinnati, Ohio
Licensure and Certification:
- 2006 Licensed Professional Counselor, CSWMFT Board, Ohio, #C.0600004
- 2009 Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, CSWMFT Board, Ohio, #E.0900019-SUPV
- 2014 Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor with Training Supervision Designation, CSWMFT Board, Ohio, #LE-00017904
- 2017 Certified Clinical Trauma Professional, International Association of Trauma Professionals
- 2019 Certified Child and Adolescent Trauma Professional, International Association of Trauma Professionals