Free Community Education Series
Expert discussion of:
- Mental Health
- Substance use disorders
- Treatment and strategies for coping
Presented by Lindner Center of HOPE clinicians.
Sponsored by Lindner Center of HOPE with the support
of Manor House and Countryside YMCA.
Third Wednesday of certain months beginning in February 2022
from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at (now 2 locations):
Manor House (on certain months)
7440 Mason-Montgomery Rd.
Mason, OH 45040
Countryside YMCA (on certain months)
1699 Deerfield Rd.
Lebanon, OH 45036
Virtual Option *by way of virtual platform provided by:
Register below under each series you would like to attend. If any have questions, you can contact Pricila Gran at (513) 536-0318 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2022 Monthly Calendar Series
February 16, 2022
Depression and Bipolar: The Two Ends of The Mood Pole and Everything In-between
Peter White, M.A., LPCC, LICDC, Lindner Center of HOPE
- Understand the full spectrum of mood states and the nature of mood disorders.
- Identify what are common and mild symptoms versus serious clinical depressive and manic conditions.
- Understand how to help and how to take care of ourselves when a loved one has a serious mood disorder.
March 16, 2022
Hoarding Disorder: Myths, Facts, and How Families Can Help
Presenter: Lindsey Collins Conover, PhD, Lindner Center of HOPE
- Learn about hoarding disorder and how it differs from clutter
- Be able to identify signs of hoarding disorder in a loved one
- Learn about helpful interventions for hoarding
- Be able to critically evaluate depictions of hoarding and hoarding interventions in the media
April 20, 2022
OK Boomer! The Risk and Protective Factors of Substance Use for Older Adults
Chris Tuell, EdD, LPCC-S, LICDC-CS, Lindner Center of HOPE
- Learn about alcohol, prescription drugs and other substance problems among older adults
- Be able to identify risk and protective factors for substance use in older adults
- Learn about the relationship between substance use and mental health
June 15, 2022
What is OCD and How is It Treated?
Nicole Bosse, PsyD, and Lindsey Collins Conover, PhD Lindner Center of HOPE
- Develop a basic understanding of what is and is not OCD
- Learn about various OCD subtypes/presentations
- Learn about the treatment options for OCD
August 17, 2022
An Overview of Anxiety Disorders and Treatment
Brett Plyler, M.D., Lindner Center of HOPE
- Take a brief look at each of the anxiety disorders (generalized, panic, OCD, ptsd)
- Discuss treatments for these disorders
September 21, 2022
Focus on ADHD: A Practical Primer
Tracy Cummings, MD, Lindner Center of HOPE
- Discuss diagnostic criteria for ADHD
- Learn about how ADHD can present in various settings
- Review potential interventions utilized to improve ADHD symptoms
October 19, 2022
What To Do When Someone Is In Mental Health Crisis?
Nelson F Rodriguez, M.D. FAPA, DABPN, Lindner Center of HOPE
- Be able to identify common manifestations of a mental health crisis.
- Become aware of appropriate resources to assist those in mental health crisis.
- Become familiar with the Rapid Access Service (RAS) at the Lindner Center of HOPE.
November 16, 2022
Seasonal Affective Disorder
Jennifer Farley, PsyD, Lindner Center of HOPE
- Learn what Seasonal Affective Disorder Is
- Learn what symptoms are associated with Seasonal Affective Disorder
- Learn about tips to help manage Seasonal Affective Disorder
December 21, 2022
Health at every size (HAES), weight stigma and why dieting can be harmful
Anna Guerdjikova, PhD, Lindner Center of HOPE
- Learn about size diversity and the consequences of weight stigma
- Be able to identify the leading principles of HAES
- Be able to critically evaluate depictions of dieting and weight loss promoting interventions in the media
- Learn how HAES, policy and social justice can fit together to promote wellbeing