William Jason Thompson, LISW-S, LICDC-CS
Clinical Director, Intensive Outpatient Program , Therapist
Lindner Center of HOPE
With more than 12 years of experience, Mr. Thompson serves as the Clinical Director for the Lindner Center of HOPE’s Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP). In his oversight of IOP, Mr. Thompson ensures quality, evidence-based treatment for those struggling with addictive issues. In his outpatient practice, Mr. Thompson works principally with the adults and adolescents with addictive or co-occurring conditions, in addition to providing services to Lindner’s Residential Services and consulting for Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center in the Psychiatry Department.
Prior to joining the Lindner Center of HOPE, Mr. Thompson served as a counselor at Clermont Recovery Center. Other roles included Counselor/Outpatient Director at Northland, Milford, Ohio, AOD Lead Therapist at Talbert House, Mt. Orab, Ohio, and Lead Counselor at The Counseling Center, Inc. in Portsmouth, Ohio.
Mr. Thompson has a Masters of Science and Social Work from University of Louisville, Louisville, Kentucky, and is also a Licensed Independent Chemical Dependency Counselor and Social Work Liaison to the Cincinnati Academy of Professional Psychology (CAPP)
Areas of Specialty and Interest:
- Chemical dependency education and clinical services
- Substance Use disorder education
- Clinical services and co-occurring disorders
- Individual and Group therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD).
- 2010 MSSW, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY
- 2008 BSW, Morehead State University, Morehead, KY
- 2006 Associates Degree, Ohio University, Athens, OH
Licensure and Certification:
- Licensed Independent Chemical Dependency Counselor-Clinical Supervisor (LICDC-CS)
- Supervising Independent Social Worker (LISW-S)