Marilyn Schwemberger, MBA, MSN, RN
Chief Nursing Officer
Lindner Center of HOPE
Marilyn has served as Chief Nursing Officer for the Lindner Center of HOPE since April 2015. She is experienced in administrative management, strategic planning, relationship management, evidenced-based practice, and quality improvement.
In this role, she is responsible for oversight of psychiatric nursing practice, development of policies and procedures for assigned departments, assures compliance with all applicable standards, regulations, and requirements of the Joint Commission, the Ohio Board of Nursing, Ohio Mental Health and Addiction Services, CMS, and all other applicable regulatory agencies.
Marilyn’s expertise is complemented by over 40 years of experience in clinical/administrative practice. Her practice philosophy is patient & family-centered, focusing on restoring mental health functioning, cognition, and strength to the highest level possible.
Prior to joining the Lindner Center of HOPE, she served as the Vice President/Chief Nursing Officer for the Kettering Health Network at Fort Hamilton Hospital in Hamilton, Ohio for 10 years. Marilyn also served as the Director of Older Adult Mental Health Services for Deaconess Hospital for 5 years.
Marilyn serves currently as adjunct faculty for Nursing Administration in the Master’s Program at Xavier University, Cincinnati, Ohio, and for Miami University, Oxford, Ohio. She has given many presentations on various nursing/healthcare topics including team building, budget/productivity management, and communication techniques.
- 2007- MBA, Indiana Wesleyan University, Marion, Indiana
- 1998- MSN, Xavier University, Cincinnati, Ohio (Focus: Nursing Administration)
- 1994-BSN, Xavier University, Cincinnati, Ohio
- 1984-Diploma RN, The Christ Hospital School of Nursing, Cincinnati, Ohio
- 1978-AD, Eastern Kentucky University, Richmond, Kentucky (Medical Technology)
Licensure and Certification:
- State of Ohio-Registered Nurse
- State of Kentucky-Registered Nurse