Jen Milau, APRN, PMHNP-BC
Psychiatric Mental-Health Nurse Practitioner
Lindner Center of HOPE
Jen Milau is a board-certified psychiatric mental-health nurse practitioner who serves individuals across the lifespan in the inpatient, outpatient, and partial hospitalization settings. While she treats all mental health conditions, her specialties include Obsessive-compulsive Disorder (OCD) with a sub-specialty in Pediatric Acute-Onset Neuropsychiatric Syndrome / Autoimmune Encephalitis (PANS/AE), Eating Disorders, and Anxiety Disorders.
Prior to beginning her career as a nurse practitioner at the Lindner Center of HOPE, Jen worked as a registered nurse at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, where she gained experience in genetics research, emergency medicine, and child and adolescent psychiatry. She is involved as a clinical representative of the psychiatric pharmacogenetic team at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center and offers education on the importance of implementing genetic testing with mental health clients receiving pharmacotherapy.
In addition to healthcare, Jen retains a lifelong passion for music and art. She is specifically interested in finding ways to integrate this and other complementary techniques into the treatment of individuals with mental health diagnoses (in conjunction with appropriate medication management).
Jen is a member of the International OCD Foundation, PANDAS Physicians Network, and Foundation for Children with Neuroimmune Disorders. She also holds memberships in the honor society of nursing, Sigma Theta Tau, Beta Iota Chapter and the American Psychiatric Nurses Association.
- Venue Magazine Top 15 Rising Star Medical Leaders of 2020
- Florence Nightingale Award Nominee, 2018
- Graduate Student Excellence Award, Wright State University: 2017
- Relationship-Based Care Award for Exceptional Professionalism: 2016
- Daisy Award for Exceptional Nursing: December 2014
- 2017: Master of Science in Nursing, Wright State University
- 2012: Bachelor of Science in Nursing, University of Cincinnati
Internship and Residencies:
- 2012-2013: Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center RN Residency program
- 2016 Clinical Practicum: Brightview Health, LLC – Adult Outpatient: Substance Use Disorders
- 2017 Clinical Practicum: South Community, Inc – Outpatient Community Mental Health across the lifespan
Licensure and Certification:
- ANCC Board Certified Family Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Current Ohio Nursing and Nurse Practitioner Licenses