Paul Houser , MD
Medical Director of the Harold C. Schott Foundation Eating Disorders Program
Lindner Center of HOPE
In addition to clinical oversight of the Harold C. Schott Foundation Eating Disorders Program, Dr. Houser serves as a staff psychiatrist at the Lindner Center of HOPE. He attends to adults and adolescents in the inpatient and partial hospitalization settings.
Prior to joining the Lindner Center of HOPE, Dr. Houser completed an internship in general pediatrics at Children’s Hospital Los Angeles. He completed a combined training program in the fields of Pediatrics, Psychiatry and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital and the University of Cincinnati.
He has special interest in the treatment of disorders of childhood and adolescence, as well as the treatment of eating disorders and the relationship between spirituality and mental health. He has received training in a variety of psychotherapy modalities, including relational psychotherapy, CBT and psychodynamic psychotherapy.
- 2001-2005 B.A. Biology, Franciscan University of Steubenville, Steubenville, OH
- 2005-2010 M.D. Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
Internship and Residencies:
- 2010-2011 Internship, General Pediatrics, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, Los Angeles CA
- 2011-2015 Triple Board (Pediatrics, Psychiatry, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry) Residency Program. Cincinnati Childrens Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati OH
Licensure and Certifications:
- 2013 Medical License, State Medical Board of Ohio
- 2014 Diplomate, American Board of Pediatrics
- 2015 General Psychiatry
- 2016 Child and Adolescent Psychiatry