Date(s) - October 10, 2017
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Category(ies) No Categories
Tuesday, October 10, 2017
Hot Topics in Mental Health
Outstanding Speakers on Issues that Matter
Lindner Center of HOPE, Clinical Director and Family Therapist Child/Adolescent Services, Clinical Director and Family Therapist Proximi Recovery Eating Disorder Program, Harold C. Schott Foundation Eating Disorders Program, Clinical Consultant, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital and Medical Center at The Lindner Center of HOPE, University of Cincinnati, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience, Clinical Instructor
You are invited to hear Scott Bullock present, “Eating Disorders: A Hidden Killer.”
- Participants will gain understanding of the bio-psycho-social aspect of anorexia nervosa/bulimia nervosa.
- Participants will learn about research which demonstrates how altered serotonin and dopamine affects the brain functioning of the eating-disorder patient.
- Participants will know medical consequences that can interfere in the patient’s daily functioning.
- Participants will understand that early intervention and education to families, schools, primary care doctors and other members of the community can help decrease chronicity thereby improving outcomes and preventing possible death.
- Participants will be able to explain how early detection and intervention for this patient population provides better outcomes and decreases recidivism rates
6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Presentation
7:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Question and Answer
1.5 hours CPE’s APPROVED
Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board