Who will benefit from EDO Partial Hospitalization?
The Eating Disorder Partial Hospitalization Program at Lindner Center of HOPE (EDO PHP) is a treatment program designed to provide intensive treatment for eating disordered patients who do not meet criteria for inpatient hospitalization but who are not stable enough to be treated in the traditional outpatient setting. The goal of EDO PHP is weight restoration, nutritional support and planning, instruction of cognitive coping skills, and to assist patients in the management of their disease and symptoms to the point that traditional outpatient services will be effective. EDO PHP is often used as step-down treatment from inpatient hospitalization with the intent of transitioning the patient back into their home environment and healthy routines.
- 18 years or older
- Eating disorder diagnosis classified in the current edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM)
- Currently experiencing at least one of the following:
- Ideal body weight <85%;
- Intense fear of gaining weight;
- Distorted body image;
- Binge eating episodes; or
- Compensatory behaviors.
- Excessive exercising
Referral from licensed independent practitioner
Admission on a voluntary basis with the ability to participate in the therapeutic process
Reasonable expectation that presenting symptoms can be reduced or controlled
Patient must have an established outpatient provider who can provide services upon discharge from the PHP program, and while the patient is enrolled in PHP, as needed.
- During check in, badges will be issued to the enrollee and must be turned in when leaving the facility.
- Admission process includes:
- Referral from licensed independent practitioner received by intake specialists including basic patient information and reason for referral
- Review and acceptance by EDO PHP treatment team
- Nursing assessment (completed on day one of the program; takes approximately one hour)
- Social work assessment (completed day one of the program)
- Physician assessment (completed day one of the program)
- Development of initial individualized treatment plan
- Financial obligations: Many insurance plans have specific partial hospital benefits. Lindner Center of HOPE will work with each patient to determine coverage prior to enrollment in the program.
Call now to speak with an intake specialist: (513) 536-4673.