Eating Disorder Partial Hospitalization Program at Lindner Center of HOPE
Weight restoration, nutritional support, coping skills instruction and disease management assistance are features of this Eating Disorders Partial Hospitalization Program for adults.
For those who suffer with eating disorders, food and mealtimes become a source of fear, panic, anxiety and pain. Managing this illness often requires an intermediate level of care between acute inpatient care and outpatient care; this level of care is available at Lindner Center of HOPE for adults age 18 and older.
The Eating Disorder Partial Hospitalization Program at Lindner Center of HOPE (EDO PHP) is a treatment program designed to provide intensive treatment for eating disordered patients who do not meet criteria for inpatient hospitalization but who are not stable enough to be treated in the traditional outpatient setting. The goal of EDO PHP is weight restoration, nutritional support and planning, instruction of cognitive coping skills, and to assist patients in the management of their disease and symptoms to the point that traditional outpatient services will be effective. EDO PHP is often used as step-down treatment from inpatient hospitalization with the intent of transitioning the patient back into their home environment and healthy routines. As such, EDO PHP is a cost effective option for patients who meet admission criteria for this program.
EDO PHP operates Monday through Friday (except legal holidays), 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. on the campus of the Lindner Center of HOPE at 4075 Old Western Row Road, Mason, 45040. Duration of the program is based on individual progress towards established goals; however the average length of stay for the EDO PHP is three weeks. The program features:
- Dedicated treatment team
- Attended and supported breakfast, lunch and dinner, and some supervised snacks (food included)
- Monitored physical status, including weight and vital signs
- Check-In and Check-Out with goal setting and debriefing of skills attempted
- General group programs which are DBT-based and with a primary focus on skill development (up to six each day)
- Supportive individual psychotherapy two times per week
- Nutritional and meal planning support
- Medication Management/Medical Consultation
- Specialized EDO group therapy (one to two times daily)
- Weekly outings for exposure therapy, ie. restaurants, grocery store, clothing store
- Family support and education
- Establishment of continuity of Eating Disorder care in the community
- Access to Eating Disorder Family Support Group Click here for flyer
The EDO PHP at Lindner Center of HOPE operates in conjunction with Mindful Transitions, Lindner Center of HOPE’s Adult Partial Hospitalization Program, available for adults who are experiencing emotional or behavioral issues significant enough to affect daily functioning or quality of life. Patients may be suffering with diagnoses, including but not limited to: mood disorders, anxiety disorders, eating disorders, adjustment disorders and thought disorders not requiring hospitalization.
Call now to speak with an intake specialist: (513) 536-4673.