Adult Partial Hospitalization Program keeps patients out of the hospital, while providing intensive treatment in a safe setting.
Lindner Center of HOPE is committed to providing the full spectrum of care for adults suffering with mental illness and therefore offers an Adult Partial Hospitalization Program.
When an adult’s daily functioning is impaired by mental illness, yet criteria is not met for hospitalization, the Adult Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) provides intensive treatment in a safe and therapeutic environment, without full hospitalization. Partial hospitalization helps patients progress to the point where standard outpatient appointments can be effective. This program is also used as a step-down program from hospitalization, with the intent of gradually easing an adult back into their home environment.
This group based program operates Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and enrollees attend 5 days per week for an average of 2 weeks. The curriculum offers some flexibility in design, so that the PHP treatment team and the enrollee can work together to create the right treatment plan for each individual.
The PHP program works in conjunction with the enrollees’ established outpatient mental health providers.
The Adult Partial Hospitalization Program includes:
- Group therapy
- Pharmacotherapy consultation
- Interdisciplinary assessment
- Lunch in Lindner Center of HOPE’s dining room
When should you consider partial hospitalization:
- If you are transitioning from an acute inpatient stay.
- If your outpatient appointments are not intensive, in-depth or frequent enough to keep you effectively functioning.
- If you are unable to function socially, professionally or both.
- If you need more intensive intervention and skills development.