Frequently Asked Questions
Can the patient drive to the PHP program?
Yes. Adults can drive themselves, or are to arrange their own transportation, to and from programming.
Will my insurance cover PHP?
Many insurance plans cover partial hospitalization. Lindner Center of HOPE Center staff will work with each individual case to determine coverage prior to enrollment in the program.
What is the referral/admission process?
Call 513 536-HOPE (4673) to discuss the PHP program and obtain admission information.
Healthcare professionals wanting to refer to PHP may download and complete a referral form and fax to (513) 536-0509. Click here for form. Then call (513) 536-HOPE (4673), state you are a referrer and ask for intake to continue the referral process.
Do you accept Medicaid?
Currently the Lindner Center of HOPE is not a Medicaid provider.
What provisions are made for lunch? Will money be needed during the day?
Lunch is included with the program. Enrollees will be served lunch in the hospital dining room under the supervision of the PHP staff. No money is needed while in the program.
What do I do about my medications?
Medications should be taken prior to program attendance each day as prescribed. Medications that cannot be administered prior to arriving at the program will be secured in the patient lockers. Medications will not routinely be administered in the program. Utilization of emergent medication for crisis intervention would most likely involve a transfer to inpatient services.
Can I arrive earlier or leave later than the published times?
PHP enrollees need to arrive at the designated times 8:30 am – 9 am. Transportation must be arranged in advance. Lindner Center of HOPE does not provide transportation services.
How many PHP enrollees can be in the program at once?
The program can accommodate 20 enrollees at one time. Typical stays are for 2 weeks.
If the program is full, can I get on a waitlist?
Lindner Center of HOPE is not able to keep a wait list for PHP. We will provide a screening assessment, record the request for services, and make recommendations for treatment.
What criteria must a patient meet to be admitted to PHP?
Patients admitted to the Adult Partial Hospitalization Program will meet the following criteria:
- The person will have a primary diagnosis recognized by the current edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual.
- The person will have at least one of the following criteria:
- Manifests impairment in activities of daily living and in occupational functioning as outlined in the current edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual.
- Demonstrates impairment in functioning manifested by a difficulty to provide for his/her needs.
- Fails lesser level(s) of treatment.
- The person seeking admission will be admitted on a voluntary basis.
- The person is able to participate in the therapeutic process.
- There is reasonable expectation that the presenting symptoms can be reduced or controlled.
- The person has an established outpatient provider. LCOH has limited capacity to accept patients without established services.
Is PHP appropriate for an individual seeking services for a primary addiction?
Adult PHP at Lindner Center of HOPE is not an appropriate treatment option for an individual seeking services for a primary addiction.