Partial Hospitalization for Eating Disorder Patients of all ages
This intensive treatment option provides a therapeutic, supportive environment for patients age 12 and older struggling with eating disorders. Adolescent partial hospitalization is provided by the Harold C. Schott Eating Disorders Treatment Team on Cincinnati Children’s unit at Lindner Center of HOPE, while designated Lindner Center of HOPE staff provide adult partial hospitalization programming. This program can assist patients transitioning from an inpatient stay to daily routine and home environments. Families also receive extensive support and education on understanding and working with the loved one suffering from an eating disorder. Partial hospitalization can also be considered as a treatment alternative to full hospitalization.
- Individuals (ages 12 and older) who are facing the challenges of an eating disorder, and their parents or family members
- Patients who need a more intensive, structured program than traditional outpatient visits can provide
- Patients who may not require hospitalization, but who may benefit from hands-on intensive day-long therapy without requiring an overnight stay
- Patients transitioning from hospitalization who need on-going, intensive care
- This program is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Participants attend five days a week as they strengthen skills to overcome mental and physical challenges and prevent relapse while transitioning back to normal daily life.
- Doctors and therapists work with the patient and his or her family to design a plan that’s suited to the individual.
- On-site “mirror” meals provided during partial hospitalization offer important guided meal support for the patient.
- Family education and support is integrated into the treatment during partial hospitalization.
At Lindner Center of HOPE, we understand that dealing with the financial implications of mental illness can be difficult. That is why we are here to help. Together we can work through your financial obligations and insurance questions.
Many insurance plans have specific partial hospital benefits.
Insurance plans with mental health benefits, but without specific partial hospital benefits, are typically willing to provide 2 days of partial hospitalization at the reimbursement rate of 1 day of inpatient hospitalization. Physician fees are billed separately. We will work with patients to understand their financial responsibilities and that which may be covered by insurance.
Patients without insurance coverage can qualify for the self-pay rate: $600/day.
Call 513-536-HOPE for admission to Adult Partial Hospitalization.
Regarding financial obligations for services provided by Cincinnati Children’s at Lindner Center of HOPE, most major insurance programs cover treatment services offered at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center. We are an Ohio Medicaid provider, with limited availability for non-Ohio Medicaid.
Financial service representatives at Cincinnati Children’s are available to answer questions and assist families in obtaining insurance authorization or applying for financial aid programs.
Call 513-636-4124 for admission to Adolescent Partial Hospitalization.
For questions in regards to financial services, please call: 513-636-4427 and press option 9.