Date(s) - 05/07/2017
11:00 am - 4:00 pm
Registration & Information Fair
11:00a.m. – 12:00p.m. / $10
“Nourishing the Mind” Buffet – generously sponsored by Manor House
Welcome & Keynote
Suzy Favor Hamilton, “Mental Health: Our Shared Mission to Raise Awareness, Provide Understanding, and Inspire Action”
Suzy Favor Hamilton, a former middle distance runner who competed in three Olympics, will compel audience members to consider ways to advocate on behalf of friends and family members who suffer with mental illness. Her personal experiences have inspired her to share her story.
Breakout Sessions I – 1:15 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. (Break 2:00 p.m. – 2:15 p.m.)
- Treatment of Anxiety Disorders
- Eating Disorders: Signs, Symptoms, and Treatment Options
- Moody or Depressed? – Recognition, Treatment and Support for Mood Disorders
- The Opioid Epidemic – Is There Any HOPE? The Truth About Medication Assisted Treatment
- Behavioral Addictions: Understanding Gambling, Pornography, Compulsive Shopping and Gaming Addictions
Breakout Sessions II – 2:15 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. (Break 3:00 p.m. – 3:15 p.m.)
- Will ECT Help Me?
- What is the Relationship Between Mental Illness and Addiction
- How Do Psychiatrists Know Which Psychotropic Medicine(s) to Prescribe?
- Adolescents: Understanding What is “Normal” and When to Worry
- Eating Disorder Prevention: The Body Positive Movement
Breakout Sessions III – 3:15 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Controlling Those Worry Warts: How to Spend Less Time and Energy Worrying
- Home is Where Recovery Starts. PREP Your Child and Family for Success When Fighting Eating Disorders.
- Drug and Alcohol use Disorders: How Do I Help My Loved One? Treatment and Support Group Options
- Medication Management Panel Discussion with Q&A
and their objectives – CLICK HERE